get-idents-from-html.pl - gather names of form fields from a set of html files
get-idents-from-html.pl - a script to gather a names and ids of elements used inside a set of html files.
get-idents-from-html.pl [ --for-ids=names-of-elements-to-take-ID-from ] [ --for-names=names-of-elements-to-take-NAME-from ] [ -i ] [ --runat client|any|server ] [ -l=file-name-with-list-of-src-files ] [ --do-not-merge ] destfile srchtmlfiles..
The srchtmlfiles processed needn't be valid HTML - they can even be XML files, no balancing of tags and allowance of containment is checked. The names of elements and attributes can be in any case, even mixed case is OK.
By default, values of all attributes with name NAME (except A) are extracted; also values of all attributes with name ID are extracted too. It's possible to specify the exact list of names (as a comma-separated list specified as a single string) of elements from which to extract values of NAME attribute using commandline option --for-names, and names of elements from which to extract values of ID attribute using commandline option --for-ids. Values of corresponding attributes not looking like identifier are ignored.
It's possible ignore the case of extracted symbol names, by adding option -i - in this case encountering e.g. form fields with ids E1 and e1 will be result in a single line e1 to be output to the resultant file.
By default, elements with attribute runat with value server (used by ASP and ASP.NET for marking server-side objects) are ignored. It's also possible to request to also analyze them, or to analyze only elements with runat=server by the use of --runat commandline option.
Specify the list of elements from which to take the value of attribute ID.
The names-of-elements-to-take-ID-from is a string that is
comma-separated list of element names in to be inspected, e.g
object,select,input. By default the value of attribute ID is taken from all elements that have attribute with this name specified.
Specify the list of elements from which to take the value of attribute NAME.
The names-of-elements-to-take-NAME-from is a string that is
comma-separated list of lement names in to be inspected, e.g
object,select,input. By default the value of attribute NAME is taken from all elements that have attribute with this name specified, except element with name A.
- Passing this option requests not to distinguish the case of aggregated symbols - all extracted symbols are mapped to lowercase and then duplicates are ignored. By default case is preserved.
- --runat client|any|server
- Specify the interest in server-side objects. By default, elements with attribute runat with value server (used by ASP and ASP.NET for marking server-side objects) are ignored (this mode can be activated by passing value client to this option). It's also possible to request to also analyze such elements by passing value any to this option, or to analyze only elements with runat=server by passing value server to this option. The default value for this option is client.
- Specify the name of file containing names of files to be processed. Names of files should be one per line. Text after # on each line will be ignored.
- Instructs not to merge the content of destfile with list of extracted symbols.