Comparing Stunnix Advanced Web Server and Stunnix Perl Web Server
These two products are both perfectly suited for desktop applications and for running directly on read-only media like CD, DVD and USB FlashDrive. They share the same file layout, same configuration file for wrapper scripts, both run Perl XCGI scripts User-triggerred stopping of the server works in a similar way on both products.
Advantages of SPWS over SAWS are
- Applicable when running Perl scripts ONLY: SPWS works on all platforms where the Perl interpreter is installed or for which it's included on CDROM. This means you can create a product in Perl, use SPWS for GUI and the product will work on every Unix-like operating system (Solaris, HP-UX, xBSD, SGI). Additionally, this web server is tiny.
Advantages of SAWS over SPWS are
- It takes less time to port to SAWS than to SPWS.
- A Site that uses SAWS works much faster than a site running SPWS.
- Many pre-existing Apache loadable modules can be used with SAWS.
- SAWS is much more flexible and offers much more features than SPWS, including support for Python and Java (Tomcat).